If you are not able to take your class on a field trip, here are some ideas for using Aurasma in the classroom.
- Back-to-school night art walk - Create videos of students talking about their artwork. Hang the artwork around the building, and parents will be able to use the artwork as a trigger to hear the artist describe their work.
- Parent / teacher conferences - Similar to above, during a parent / teacher conference when showing student work to the parent, use the work as a trigger for the parent to view an Aurasma of the student describing what they are seeing.
- Library book reviews - Create Aurasma book reviews for the library collection. Students can watch the review by scanning the cover.
- Homework solutions and assistance - Give video assistance or solutions to homework by using the problem as a trigger.
- Building tours - Showcase areas of your building by using building features as triggers. You can even brand the Aurasma or in-bed the functionality inside your own app.
- Many companies are using Aurasma’s as part of marketing campaigns. Jostens has added the functionality to yearbooks they produce for schools.
Here is a link to the Aurasma home page.
You can create your Aurasmas on the fly from your device or set up an account to use their Aurasma studio. I hope you find Aurasma’s take on augmented reality as exciting as I do.
~Jason Marshall, Technology Consultant